Social Media Icons

Sunday, April 15, 2018

April 2018 5k

Who run the world? Girls!
For my April 5k I participated in the Northside Hospitals's Atlanta Women's 5k. This race is solely for women and girls making it so special. Encouraging a community of healthy women together in Atlanta. 
I still haven't been running outside because Atlanta can't decide what season it is which is typical for spring here. This race reminded me that I do need to start getting outside and get those long runs in for the Atlanta Journal Constitution's Peachtree Road Race. 
When the race started uphill, I was slightly discouraged. Atlanta is know for its hills, heat, humidity and so I mentally prepped myself for more hills throughout the course. To my surprise that was the worst of it! 

The rest of the course was steady and so much fun! It was a nice tour of East Atlanta homes which kept me distracted enough that I forgot I was running three miles.
I finished this race two minutes faster than my last March 5k and am on my way to reaching my goal of running a 5k under 30 minutes. I haven't done this since 2015!


No comments:

Post a Comment