Social Media Icons

Monday, December 30, 2019

6 Favorite Reads of 2019

I can't believe how fast this year has flown by. It is crazy to think we are about to enter in to a new decade on top of that. 2019 has been good to us over here in the Barber household. We went to Maui, I got a new job and we celebrated friends throughout the year. This last week of the holidays has been one of my favorites because it's a time to reflect and recharge. I have been able to finish a few books and wanted to share my favorites from 2019.


1. Daisy Jones and The Six
I've written about this one before and it still holds true. If you love everything sixties and Fleetwood Mac you won't want to put this one down. It is an easy read and one that is hard to put down.

2. Educated
Jared's aunt actually recommended this one to me and I don't know why I waited so long to read it. A memoir by Tara Westover on her journey from "home school" to higher education. Tara weaves her story with that of her unique upbringing and family life. I couldn't put this book down especially because Tara is only a few years older than me.

3. The Last Mrs. Parrish
Again, a friend recommended this one to me and I am not sure why I didn't read it sooner. It was the perfect beach read. If you love thrillers this one is a good one. I did not see the end coming.

4.Where the Crawdads Sing
This book still haunts me. This was a bookclub pick and it was another one I couldn't put down. You get wrapped up in the story through the eyes of Kya. A coming of age story, but also a murder mystery.

5.The Sisters Chase
My most recent read and bookclub pick. Again a period piece set in the 70s and 80s, but this story is more about family bonds and overcoming unplanned obstacles. I probably read this one the fastest and loved every second of it.

6. Next Year in Havana
The final period piece. This book reflects on the cuban revolution and the aftermath for its citizens. Those who stayed and those who fled. A good love story non the less and I was surprised by the final chapters.

No comments:

Post a Comment