Social Media Icons

Friday, March 2, 2018

No Small Bites

Have you heard of the Fight For The Bite movement?

My friend Kelsey recently posted a video of her eating an ice cream sandwich. It was little out of the norm and caught my attention right away. As I read deeper into her post, I found out that it is national eating disorder week. Her post was/is intended to raise awareness about eating disorders and how they affect so many people. 
I mentioned how awesome she was for doing this and then she challenged me to do the same.
The world is more connected than ever these days and people are opening up about mental health. I love this! I think we all have been touched or known someone who has struggled with depression, eating disorders, anxiety, suicide, etc. 
The more we open up the conversation about mental the health, I believe the more we can help others. 
So today, I accept Kelsey's challenge and publicly take a bite! 




My relationship with food has always been an interesting one. From overeating to not eating enough, I have struggled to find the balance over the years. As I continue on this journey of health and body positivity, I am still always searching for the balance and listening to what my body needs. 

If you are in need of help or support please reach out to NEDA 

No comments:

Post a Comment