Social Media Icons

Sunday, March 4, 2018

OTF Transformation Challenge: WEEK FIVE

Another week of feeling good.
 To be honest there were some days this week when I wanted to cancel my classes and just sleep in. I am so happy I didn't. 
The only person who can impede my progress is me and so far I haven't been a roadblock.
Taking part in this challenge provides the accountability I need to make sure I am being the healthiest me. 
I am officially down five pounds, but more importantly I have more energy and a great supportive community. 
One of the best compliments in this transformation journey is when other's see the results of your hard work! 

Whether it is running or workout classes, I have found a couple of things that help me achieve my best on this journey. 
When I first started running longer distances my old sports bras were not cutting it anymore. I started chaffing under my chest and it was so painful. The first thing I did was research the best sports bras for long distance running. My favorite is the Lululemon Energy Bra. I have two now and  I haven't seriously chaffed when wearing them. 
Another great chaffing preventative is Body Glide for Her. A friend recommended this to me before running my first 10k and I have been using it ever since. If I wear shorts to Orangetheory I always make sure to put this on anywhere I might chaff first. It even comes in handy when we go to an all day event where I am wearing a dress and we are doing a lot of walking. 
Investing in good workout clothes have has also helped motivate me. Some of my favorite brands are Lululemon, Athleta and Zella! I always using buying a new piece of apparel to help me reach my next goal. 
A pair of good running shoes is also essential to my success. I didn't realize this until I started running more, but I had almost worn a hole in my old shoes. I invested in some Asics and it made a huge difference. My knees felt better and I could go further. 
Post-workout is so important to my fitness journey as well. Since I have upped the intensity of my workouts I had added more water and stretching , but I have also been using  African Botanics revitalizing therapy gel post shower. Just a small dab of this vegan therapy gel is all you need to help with muscle soreness. I am also really loving a good soak after the week is over to help with soreness too. I received this jar of Muscle Soak , Himalayan Salt, in my winter FabFitFun box. 

No comments:

Post a Comment