Social Media Icons

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Goodbye 2017, Hello 2018




A lot of the time I see my friends and family ready for the year to end. To me, every year comes with it's own ups and downs. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I had set some goals for myself in 2017, accomplishing a majority of them. 
I really feel like accomplishing these goals helped lead to a happy and productive year. They enabled me to spend more time with the ones I love and enrich some of my favorite hobbies. 
One of the very last things I did this year was hike Providence Canyon State Park with my sister and her best friend. We woke up at 3AM. Yes, you read that right...3AM. BUT a sunset hike was definitely worth it. Simple and easy, it only took us a little over an hour to hike the rim of the canyon....I will say we were moving a little slow due to all the photos we took along the way. 
After we finished the hike, we made our way down to explore the canyon floor. The cool thing about this canyon is the history behind it. Due to poor farming practices back in the 1800s the canyons began to take their shape so these formations are made of Georgia clay and other terrain. 
 Getting outside, exploring new and remembering the world is bigger than just the bubble I typically live in was the perfect ending to the positive year of 2017. 
So bring it on 2018, I am excited to keep moving forward and pushing myself to be my best.


No comments:

Post a Comment