Social Media Icons

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Sisters First: A Review


When the pick for January's book club was 'Sisters First', I will admit I was not sure I wanted to. It is not that I had a dislike of the Bush sisters, but rather that I felt I knew their story.

I WAS WRONG. 

This book was so good. Barbara and Jenna actually touched a lot on the theme of preconceived notions.  A deep look into their personal lives and thoughts made me forget that I was reading about a pair of famous sisters. I thought that I would connect most with Jenna, but I also found myself relating to many of Barbara's stories. 

Getting to know their true past: triumphs and lessons learned felt so personal. As the pages progressed, I couldn't get enough and finished this one rather quickly. A perfect read for anytime!

P.S. I am or may not have bought a similar top to the ones they wear in the back cover photo.

Read it for yourself: Sisters First


No comments:

Post a Comment