Social Media Icons

Thursday, February 8, 2018

Updated White Chicken Enchiladas

While I am working out to create a healthier lifestyle, I have been trying to make healthier meals this week too. 
The Pioneer Woman is my cooking spirit animal. Everything I have made from her cookbooks has been a hit! Literally everything!
In an effort to get healthier, I did switch up a few ingredients but still got the same great taste!
I made this recipe for just my husband and I so everything was made cut in half!

Pioneer Woman's White Chicken Enchiladas

2-1/2 cups Cooked, Shredded Chicken
2 cups Reserved Broth From Chicken
3 Tablespoons Canola Oil
12 whole Corn Tortillas
1 whole Large Onion, Diced
3 whole 4 Oz Cans Whole Green Chilies, Diced
1 whole Jalapeno, Seeded And Finely Diced
1 teaspoon Paprika
1/2 cup Heavy Cream   (I used fat free half and half)
2 Tablespoons Butter (Subbed with greek yogurt)
2 Tablespoons Flour
1 cup Sour Cream (Subbed with greek yogurt)
2-1/2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese, Grated
Salt And Pepper, to taste

Cilantro, Chopped


No comments:

Post a Comment