Social Media Icons

Friday, December 28, 2018

Favorite Reads of 2018

Reading has always been a passion of mine. I used to stay up so late to finish a good book. Now not much has changed, but I do fall asleep a little faster. 
2018 was a great year for book club picks! 
Whoever hosts for the month gets to pick the book, so we end up reading a large variety of books. 


My top six picks are below:
  1. We Were the Lucky Ones: Period pieces are my favorites. This one was so good. It follows a Jewish-Polish family during World War II. Here is the link to my original post 
  2. Where the Crawdad Sings: This is the latest book we read, another period piece set in the. 1950s. A little slow in the begin, but it picks up and I couldn't put it down! 
  3. Little Fires Everywhere: Loved this book! It follows an affluent Cleveland family and their rental property tenants. It has twists and turns that you don't expect and keeps you wanting more.
  4. A Simple Favor: I wouldn't typically pick up a thriller, but that is the beauty of book club. I haven't seen the movie for this one, but usually the book is always my favorite. Sometimes the characters drove me crazy, but I enjoyed the ending. 
  5. The Women in the Window: Another thriller that I finished in about three days. I was guessing the whole time and just didn't see most of the twists coming. If you are looking for a good suspenseful read, this is it! Original Blog post here
  6. Crazy Rich Asians: One of the more popular books this year, I got hooked on this book a friend gave to me for my birthday. If you haven't read it yet, do! Next up, I need to watch the movie.

Shop these books below:




Link to my letter board:

No comments:

Post a Comment