Social Media Icons

Sunday, March 18, 2018

March 2018 5k

Last year I was inspired to keep track of all the miles I run (outside of Orangetheory). So far I have only run 6.5 miles. I’m not going to lie, I don’t like running in the cold and rain. It’s the reason  I didn’t run my February 5k. The rain was so thick and it was freezing. Literally the temperature was below freezing. 
So this month I got back on the saddle after almost two months since my last race. My friend Rachel and I ran the Junior League of Atlanta’s 14th Annual Shamrock n’ Roll 5k. This race is so much fun! From the live Deejee to the giant crowds cheering you on at the finish line.  It definitely reminded me how important my fitness journey is. I was excited that I could still run the whole thing without stopping to walk and made it up the hills especially the last one!


 While it wasn’t the finish I was hoping for, it just reminded me that it takes dedication to achieve your goals. You can’t simply wish for it! MAKE IT HAPPEN!
I am looking forward to my next race on April 14th and am planning to take a few minutes off my time!

No comments:

Post a Comment